The Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is the industry standard method of configuration and management of networked devices.
Treck SNMP consists of an SNMPv1/v2c/v3 agent, Treck SNMP Abstraction Layer, and the Treck Code Generator (Treck CG) based on the industry standard SMICng MIB compiler.*
The Treck SNMP product family provides powerful tools for embedding SNMP into your product including the easy development and integration of enterprisespecific agents.
To give you the flexibility and control needed for a smooth integration, Treck SNMP is sold in source code form.
- Designed for Embedded Systems
This code was designed from the ground up to meet the stringent requirements of the embedded systems market.
- Optimized Set Operations
The code uniquely provides 2 pass SET operations with full rollback support.
- Transport Protocol
Treck SNMP runs on the UDP transport protocol.
- Abstraction Layer API
This API isolates system dependencies thus permitting use of the same agent code on an unlimited number of development environments. In addition, the API provides a clear interface to the system dependent portion of the agent code.
- Compact Code Size
Treck SNMP is extremely compact. Treck is committed to the continual improvement of code size and performance.
Treck SNMP was designed for the embedded systems market and is extremely portable. The code is RTOS, compiler, and processor independent.
Treck SNMP is fully extensible and allows for the addition of an unlimited number of MIBs.
- Common Source Code Set
Treck SNMP supports SNMPv1, v2c & v3 from a common source code software package. This simplifies upgrade and customer support issues.
- RTOS Support
Treck SNMP is portable to all standard operating system environments. The code has been ported to multiple RTOS products including ThreadX, Linux, VxWorks, and eCos.
- Processor Support
The Treck SNMP system is portable to all standard 8bit to 64-bit processors.
There is no requirement to integrate new MIB extensions into the source code when extending the existing agent. Any third party developer can provide new MIBs for your design. Individual development teams can produce their agent extensions without the need for creating a single executable.
- Trilingual Support
The Treck SNMP agent supports SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, and SNMPv3. This ensures that your system can handle everything from the industry standard SNMPv1 up to the latest in authorization and privacy provided by SNMPv3.
- SNMPv3 Security
Treck SNMP offers access control, authentication, privacy, and support for industry standard encryption protocols including: MD5 (Message Digest 5), DES (Data Encryption Standard) and SHA-1 (Secure Hash Algorithm, available in Q1 02).
- RFC 1155: SNMP and SNMP MIB
- RFC 1157: SNMP, version
- RFC 1212: Concise MIB definitions
- RFC 1213: MIB II for TCP/IP
- RFC 1215: Convention for defining traps for use with the SNMP
- RFC 1901: Introduction to Communitybased SNMPv2
- RFC 1902: Structure of Management Information (SMI), v2
- RFC 1903: Textual Conventions
- RFC 1904: Conformance Statements
- RFC 1905: Protocol Operations
- RFC 1906: Transport Mappings
- RFC 1907: Management Information Base
- RFC 1908: Co-existence between Version 1 and Version 2
- RFC 2571: An Architecture for Describing SNMP Management Frameworks
- RFC 2572: Message Processing and Dispatching for SNMP
- RFC 2574: User-based Security Model (USM) for SNMPv3
- RFC 2575: View-based Access Control Model
* SMICng not included.